Black Journal; No. 505; Can You Dig It?
- Black Journal
- Episode Number
- No. 505
- Can You Dig It?
- Producing Organization
- WNET (Television station : New York, N.Y.)
- Contributing Organization
- Library of Congress (Washington, District of Columbia)
- AAPB ID
If you have more information about this item than what is given here, or if you have concerns about this record, we want to know! Contact us, indicating the AAPB ID (cpb-aacip-b3e8b891466).
- Episode Description
- A game show featuring trivia questions about Black history.
- Series Description
- Black Journal began as a monthly series produced for, about, and – to a large extent – by black Americans, which used the magazine format to report on relevant issues to black Americans. Starting with the October 5, 1971 broadcast, the show switched to a half-hour weekly format that focused on one issue per week, with a brief segment on black news called “Grapevine.” Beginning in 1973, the series changed back into a hour long show and experimented with various formats, including a call-in portion. From its initial broadcast on June 12, 1968 through November 7, 1972, Black Journal was produced under the National Educational Television name. Starting on November 14, 1972, the series was produced solely by WNET/13. Only the episodes produced under the NET name are included in the NET Collection. For the first part of Black Journal, episodes are numbered sequential spanning broadcast seasons. After the 1971-72 season, which ended with episode #68, the series started using season specific episode numbers, beginning with #301. The 1972-73 season spans #301 - 332, and then the 1973-74 season starts with #401. This new numbering pattern continues through the end of the series.
- Created Date
- Asset type
- Race and Ethnicity
- Media type
- Moving Image
Guest: Liggins, Kathy
Guest: Wallace, Brenda
Guest: Jackson, Melvin
Guest: Ribaudo, Les
Guest: Cooke, Benjamin
Guest: Lithcott, Adeyemi
Host: Brown, Tony
Producing Organization: WNET (Television station : New York, N.Y.)
- AAPB Contributor Holdings
Library of Congress
Identifier: cpb-aacip-9b9f202acd0 (Filename)
Format: 2 inch videotape
If you have a copy of this asset and would like us to add it to our catalog, please contact us.
- Chicago: “Black Journal; No. 505; Can You Dig It?,” 1975-01-22, Library of Congress, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC, accessed May 30, 2023, http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-b3e8b891466.
- MLA: “Black Journal; No. 505; Can You Dig It?.” 1975-01-22. Library of Congress, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Web. May 30, 2023. <http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-b3e8b891466>.
- APA: Black Journal; No. 505; Can You Dig It?. Boston, MA: Library of Congress, American Archive of Public Broadcasting (GBH and the Library of Congress), Boston, MA and Washington, DC. Retrieved from http://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-b3e8b891466